With our new issue in the mail (!) and contest submissions closed, we have a moment to take a breath of this delicious warm Bostonian air and send a congratulations to some of our wonderful contributors:
- David Abrams, whose story "The Bridge" is featured in our current issue, has a novel, Fobbit, forthcoming in the fall by Grove/Atlantic, which was recently chosen as a Fall 2012 Barnes & Noble Discover Great New Writers selection.
- Vol. 11, No. 1 contributor Paula Bohince's second collection of poems, The Children, was released on May 15, 2012. The book received advance praise from James Longenbach, with poems first appearing in The New Yorker, Poetry, The Nation, The Yale Review, and elsewhere.
- A number of past Salamander contributors were recently named Fellows and Finalists for the 2012 Mass. Cultural Council Artist Fellowships:
- Fiction/Nonfiction: Perry Glasser and Mary O'Donoghue
- Poetry: Carrie Bennett; Marsha Pomerantz; Jonathan Weinert; Danielle Georges; Lynne Potts; Catherine Stearns